To keep children safe on outings whilst in my care - I will ensure that:
- The ratio of adults to children on any outing will never be less than 1 Adult per 6 children.
- I carry out a trial run and full risk assessment of the proposed outing
- I obtain written parental permission for children to take part in regular, local outings whilst in my care and specific written permission for a longer or more involved outing.
- I take essential records and equipment for each child on outings as necessary, including contact telephone numbers for parents, a first-aid kit and a mobile telephone.
- I keep records for inspection of any vehicles in which children are transported, including insurance details and a list of named drivers.
- I will ensure that any driver transporting children in their own vehicle has adequate insurance cover.
- I adhere to my lost child procedure - see below..
Lost Child Procedure
Childminder and assistants will make every possible effort to prevent a child becoming lost on outings:
- by ensuring safe supervision and continuous monitoring.
- by teaching personal and road safety whilst out and about, including - where appropriate - who 'safe adults' are and how to contact emergency services.
- We carry relevant contact and health details for the children currently in our care.
- Children wear contact tags/bands that help a 'safe' adult to contact me in the event that they find the lost child first.
In the event that a child does become lost, we will:
- Co-ordinate a thorough search of the locality and telephone the police immediately - call 999
- Notify Parents/Guardians.
- Contact emergency cover childminder/assistants or responsible person to collect and/or provide safe supervision of other children, until situation is resolved or parents can be contacted to collect their children.
- Notify OFSTED